[CentOS] OT Question about raid 5

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 19:25:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Per Qvindesland <per at norhex.com> wrote:

> I am hoping that someone here could perhaps give me a straight answer on a
> question that someone asked me today
> I have always belived that if you have 5 hard drives 1 50gb second 50gb
> third 20gb fourth 60gb firth 30gb that the largest would then be the size of
> the smallest disk, not 80 or 100 or 120 for that matter or am I wrong here?

In your example the smallest disk is 20gb, this will limit the size of
the array. This means that the size of the array would be 20 * (5-1) =
80gb.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)