[CentOS] Centos 5.3 NetworkManager success story

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Apr 22 15:01:08 UTC 2009

In the past I have not been able to use NetworkManager.  It failed to
provide a connection to my WPA-PSK AP (hey don't argue WPA-PSK security
with me, I helped right the spec on it, and wrote the paper on the
attack on it! It works here, as I use it.).  So I have continued to use
my set of scripts and hand-coded wpa_supplicant.conf file.

So I decided to give NetworkManager another chance given the upgrade and
IT WORKS!  WOW!

Now when I come out of Hibernation, I have my network connection right
away; I don't have to restart all sorts of services manually.

Unfortunately, I am not at RSA to test it with their AES-8021X setup (my
son's wedding monday kind of took precedence over going to a conference
;) ), so I don't know how it would work with that setup...

But I am a happier camper right now!