[CentOS] One for the Cisco experts...

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:18:17 UTC 2009

> I'll repeat my recommendation for OpenNMS.  Getting started is as easy
> as 'yum install' (almost...).  And it can do about anything you'd want
> in a monitoring system - including matching up those switch ports with
> the connected devices.

Les, at first I didn't heed your advice because I figured it would be
another ten hour battle to get opennms installed.  I was pleasantly
surprised to find that that it installed in ten minutes using yum on
my CentOS 5 box.  Much slicker interface than netdisco, and it
discovered all the ports on my switches on the first try.  Thanks for
the suggestion!