[CentOS] Yum update corrupted something badly - can only get access through SSH terminal or Webmin

Dan Roberts dan at jlazyh.com
Wed Apr 22 18:18:07 UTC 2009

Hmmm -

# rpm -uv glibc*
-uv: unknown option

Ok - so I go with -Uv instead
# rpm -Uv glibc*
error: File not found by glob: glibc*

But this is strange because I know that glib-2.0 is there - fairly
easy to confirm - is something missing?
# locate glibc
/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h
/usr/lib/valgrind/glibc-2.2.supp
/usr/lib/valgrind/glibc-2.3.supp
/usr/lib/valgrind/glibc-2.4.supp
/usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade.i686
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5
/usr/share/doc/glibc-common-2.5
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/BUGS
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/CONFORMANCE
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/COPYING.LIB
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/FAQ
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/INSTALL
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/LICENSES
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/NEWS
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/NOTES
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/PROJECTS
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/README
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/README.hesiod
/usr/share/doc/glibc-2.5/README.libm
/usr/share/doc/glibc-common-2.5/ChangeLog.15.bz2
/usr/share/doc/glibc-common-2.5/ChangeLog.16.bz2
/usr/share/doc/glibc-common-2.5/ChangeLog.bz2
/usr/share/doc/glibc-common-2.5/README.timezone
/usr/share/doc/glibc-common-2.5/README.ufc-crypt
/usr/share/doc/glibc-common-2.5/gai.conf