[CentOS] Yum update corrupted something badly - can only get access through SSH terminal or Webmin

Wed Apr 22 19:08:11 UTC 2009

On 4/22/09, Dan Roberts <dan at jlazyh.com> wrote:
> I will start reading again and striving to improve things.  I have
> previously taken steps to secure the server, and was under the
> impression that it was so.

If you were only updating every month or so, impossible for the server
to have been secure or anything approaching that. In addition to
keeping the server up to date, there are many things you can do, to
try to make it more secure. If it is connected to the Internet, many
people would like to take it over, so it is their server, not yours.
Try to make it harder for them.