[CentOS] One for the Cisco experts...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 17:21:31 UTC 2009

Antonio da Silva Martins Junior wrote:

>>> How can I find out which port on the switch a particular server is
>>> connected to?  I was hoping that this is somehow possible using the
>>> mac address and the data gathered from snmpwalk/snmpget requests
>> but
>>> I'm not having much luck.  How would you tackle this problem?
>>>
>> Take a look at Netdisco. I seem to remember it's a little tricky to
>> set
>> up on CentOS but I wouldn't live without it now.
>>
>> http://www.netdisco.org/
>>

> Hi List,
>
>    Well after following the "little tricky" :D install scripts on
> this address: http://www.auburn.edu/~gouldwp/netdisco/
>
>    I had this error: "failed to resolve handler `netdisco::Mason': Can't locate netdisco/Mason.pm in @INC"
> on my httpd error_log file. Anyone had sucess on made netdisco running ?
> My problem (apparently) was only on the WebCli. And after I had the work to put
> it all together I was hopping I can see their face :D
>
>    On the other hand, I will try OpenNMS and ZenoOS ASAP :D

As long as we have gone this far on the generic sys/net admin tools
topic...  Has anyone used racktables or found a better free web visual
layout program?  I'd like to find something that could somehow
coordinate with info from ocsinventory-ng and opennms or at least have a
way to sanity-check across the databases.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com