[CentOS] Reset audio controller w/o rebooting?

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 19:43:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:55 AM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok then just a question to solve my thinking. What type of machine is
> this as in Brand.

It's a custom-built desktop tower from Monarch Computer Systems, who
seems to have gone out of business almost exactly two years ago.  I'd
forgotten how long I've had this box.

P4 @ 3GHz w/ 2GB here.

> What is the mixer your using?

/usr/libexec/mixer_applet2 from gnome-applets-2.8.0-9.el4

> You may can
> try looking at the Sound Preferences Devices Tab to change the options
> there to see if that will help.

I'm on CentOS 4.  There is no "Devices" tab on Sound Preferences.
System Settings -> Soundcard Detection locks up on the test sound,
just like any other app ...