[CentOS] make fails building Perl 5.10.0 on C5.3 x86_64 (new install)

Mark Pryor

tlviewer at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 19:49:49 UTC 2009

Hello,

I tried to build Perl 5.10.0 on x86_64 using defaults

$./Configure -des

$make
------------- snip last few lines of errors --------
perlvars.h:178: warning: ISO C forbids conversion of function pointer to object pointer type
perlvars.h:186: warning: ISO C forbids conversion of function pointer to object pointer type
make: *** [globals.o] Error 1

I'm not surprised since FC10 has several patches in the perl.spec for x86_64
Looks like I'm not going to get by without digging into what they did. Hope someone here can give me a scouting report.

--
Mark