[CentOS] what requires lm_sensors?

Sat Apr 4 13:35:43 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

I found that lm_sensors got installed because of a dependency on my first
Xen VM that I updated to 5.3. lm_sensors doesn't make sense in a VM. I
thought, ok let's check after the update who wants it. However:

rpm -q --whatrequires lm_sensors
no package requires lm_sensors

(same for --triggeredby with lm_sensors or the packages below)

Trying to remove lm_sensors reveals these packages:

Removing:
 lm_sensors           i386         2.10.7-4.el5           installed
1.8 M
Removing for dependencies:
 cacti                noarch       0.8.7d-1.el5.rf        installed
5.1 M
 net-snmp             i386         1:5.3.2.2-5.el5        installed
2.8 M
 net-snmp-utils       i386         1:5.3.2.2-5.el5        installed
342 k
 php-snmp             i386         5.1.6-23.el5           installed
24 k

But trying to remove any of them doesn't show a dependency on lm_sensors.

How can I find out what triggered the installation of lm_sensors in the
upgrade?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany