[CentOS] Reconfiguring yum

Tue Apr 28 20:29:46 UTC 2009
Kaplan, Andrew H. <AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG>

Hi there --

I need to reconfigure yum on one of our centos 5.3 systems in order for the
automatic updates to work.
Currently the error messages that I am getting are shown below:

$ sudo yum check-update
Loaded plugins: allowdowngrade, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror,
priorities, protectbase, tsflags, versionlock
 * base: mirrors.rit.edu
 * updates: mirrors.unbornmedia.com
 * c5-media:
 * contrib: mirror.atlanticmetro.net
 * centosplus: mirror.atlanticmetro.net
 * addons: mirror.highspeedweb.net
 * extras: mirror.anl.gov
file:///media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No such
file or directory: '/media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.x
ml'
Trying other mirror.
file:///media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No
such file or directory: '/media/cdrecorder/repodata/
repomd.xml'
Trying other mirror.
file:///media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No such
file or directory: '/media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml
'
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
c5-media. Please verify its path and try again

What file(s) do I need to modify in order to fix this issue, and also what are
the correct URL's to have in place? Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.