[CentOS] Rsync/SSH automation problem?

Wed Apr 29 07:14:54 UTC 2009
James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com>

Hi All,

I have a win2k3 server that its backing up to a CentOS 5.3 server. On
the Win2k3 machine I plan to have rsync back up nightly to the CentOS
server through ssh. The command I am using is as follows:

rsync -vrPtz -e ssh myuser at myserver:/remote/backup/folder/ /local/backup/folder/

This all works great for the inital test except its prompts me for a
password for "myuser" (as you would except) but how can I embed the
password for ssh into the command line? Or can I not?

Is the following some how possible:

rsync -vrPtz -e ssh myuser at myserver mypassword /remote/backup/folder/
/local/backup/folder/

Or something like that? I can't find anything that says it is possible
so its probably isn't but I know that some of you out there have far
superior searching skills than I or hopefully, you might already know?
Assuming this isn't possible as I've got that gut feeling it won't be,
does anyone else have a better idea?

BTW; Rsync in running on the windows box through cygwin in case you
wondered or hadn't guessed ;)

Many thanks,
James ;)