[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Wed Apr 1 01:24:27 UTC 2009
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Christopher Chan wrote:
>
>>> Yes, there are not too many surprises with CentOS.  However, debian has
>>> also had a very good reputation for stability - and Ubuntu builds on
>>> that while also providing timely releases.
>>>

>> Please do not subscribe to the notion that ubuntu builds on Debian
>> stability.
>>

> Debian stability comes from never changing anything, so obviously not...

Heh.
>> Ubuntu has had releases with certain key tools broken such as the GNOME
>> Network configuration tool.
>>

> Has that been the case in the LTS release?

I believe Hardy had some problems. I never bothered with the GUI tools
with my Hardy installations so I do not know about Networkmanager but I
did see a lot of sound complaints with Hardy whereas the previous
release 7.xx had no problems.

Another issue with GNOME i never bothered to check since I needed a KDE
desktop with group policies thanks to kiosktool.