[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Wed Apr 1 01:27:17 UTC 2009
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

>> Ubuntu has had releases with certain key tools broken such as the GNOME
>> Network configuration tool.
>>
> ----
> that I believe is an upstream issue that affects all distributions who
> have updated GNOME.

Yeah, you are most probably right. I remember being told there was no
maintainer for the tool in question. So it just got bundled along in the
packaging. Great way to do a release.
> Ubuntu is fine - if that gives Les what he's looking for, then I say,
> great. What's the point of this ongoing discussion anyway?

It looked like Les was exploring the idea of trying something else and I
have been through that and I thought I'd share some of the issues you
get when you do that if you do not mind.