[CentOS] I see 5.3 ISO images on the mirrors

Wed Apr 1 12:48:58 UTC 2009
Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se>

Behalf
>Of Mike A. Harris
>Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:31 AM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] I see 5.3 ISO images on the mirrors
>
>I did the update by "yum -y update" and for whatever reasons did not run
>into any issues with glibc.  I just read about the problem for the first
>time in this thread.  Looks like it hits some people and not others
>perhaps.  I haven't noticed any issues so far at least.

I've now updated a machine with CentOS v5.3 x86_64. On this first test, the
glibc didn't update at all and threw up an dependency error. Running yum
update; no yum clean all run first, upgraded everything with no errors. Go
figure.

I'll try another 64b-machine and see if it reproduces.
--
/Sorin