[CentOS] Latest updates break b43 wireless

Thu Apr 2 03:16:00 UTC 2009
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

2009/4/1 Terry Polzin <foxec208 at wowway.com>:
> Can't connect to network even with no security.  Is this possibly a firmware
> issue?

I'm not seeing this problem.  The broadcomm adapter on my laptop (see
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/HP/Pavilion-ze5300_Series) is
working after the upgrade.

I *was* hoping that the updates would solve packet duplication/loss
problems that I've been having, and it does appear to be better, but
I'm still seeing ping return 2% of packets with "DUP!" warnings and 8%
packet loss.  (With 5.2 it was more like 10% dup and 30% loss.)

I did have to go into system-config-network (System -> Administration
-> Network) and enable the wireless, but I don't recall if that's
because I disabled it earlier (I had it on a wired connection for the
upgrade because of the horrible lossiness of the wireless in 5.2).