[CentOS] [OT] Godaddy hell...

Thu Apr 2 23:12:57 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Jason Pyeron wrote:
>> Can I get some recommendations:
>> We are looking for a hosting provider (other than godaddy) with
>> 1: SLA
>> 2: SSH access
>> 3: subversion/rsync or the ability to install binaries / compile source.
>> Would like them to include http/https and email.
>> Any suggestions?
>
> now is a good time to point out that given X number of hosting
> companies, the ones that support centos directly are better than the
> ones that dont :) and you can find a list of a few of these people who
> directly support CentOS at http://www.centos.org/mirrors

I strongly agree with  Karanbir that it would be preferable to be on a
Server with CentOS. Both of my sites are on Shared servers at OLM. You
can also look on <http://www.webhostingtalk.com/>  and get a lot of
information in the forums. At least one person on this list has a
Dedicated server at OLM and is happy with it. As I write this, I can't
remember his name.....