[CentOS] Don't forget to use torrents for your downloads!

Fri Apr 3 00:52:48 UTC 2009
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 18:41 -0400, Robert Spangler wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 April 2009 21:26, William L. Maltby wrote:
>
> >  If your torrent has distributed hash table capability, I suggest that
> >  you also use that feature.
> >
> >  Happy sharing!
>
> So what is everyone using for their torrent?
> What is the best?

Depends on your preferences. Being an old cli guy, I like rtorrent. I
currently have on my CentOS 4.7 box

   rtorrent-0.8.0-1.el4.rf
   libtorrent-0.12.0-1.el4.rf

from rpmforge. Be warned: on CentOS 4, libtorrent 0.12.4 did not work
properly. I would not accept keyboard input. I've posted about this to
the rpmforge list and am awaiting a reply. When I put the old one back
in, all was good.

I don't run it on my 5.2/3 box, so I can't help there.

--
Bill