[CentOS] OT: Smar Phone/PDA Reco

Fri Apr 3 16:07:46 UTC 2009
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Joseph L. Casale schrieb:
> I need a new pda/smart phone that allows me to do some remote admin.
> Anyone know of anything that I can run a vpn and cli/ssh with?
>
> Thanks!
> jlc

I think, in theory you can add an ssh-client to an iPhone.
In practice, it's not an official app, last time I looked, and you might
have to jailbreak the phone.

I'd skip this until Apple comes out with something that is smaller than
a MacBookAir and bigger than an iPhone but allows attaching a
bluetooth-keyboard...

In addition, for opening and handling xterms, a "real" X11 still feels
better than OS X (IMO).

Only when I try to draw something in gnome-dia, I wish I had a Mac with
Omnigraffle at work...
;-)

The real question is: is there a phone with a keyboard that doesn't such
at this specific discipline?

Maybe the Google-Phone:
http://code.google.com/p/connectbot/

What specific (if any) VPN-client would you need?

Rainer