[CentOS] Install CentOS directly from usb drive?

Fri Apr 3 19:10:44 UTC 2009
Neil Aggarwal <neil at JAMMConsulting.com>

Tosh:

Actually, I figured out how to do it:

1. Using fdisk, I created two partitions on the drive:
	/dev/sdc1 = 15 MB
	/dev/sdc2 = The rest
I marked the first one bootable

2. I used dd to copy the diskboot.img to /dev/sdc1

3. Formatted /dev/sdc2 as ext3 and copied the
	iso images there

4. When I boot from the usb drive, I selected hard
	drive install and pointed the installer to
	/dev/scd2

It worked perfectly!

Thanks,
	Neil

Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.