[CentOS] Update for 5.3 failed on subversion and gstreamer-plugins-good

Fri Apr 3 19:47:54 UTC 2009
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

2009/4/2 Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>:

> 2009/4/2 Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>
>>
>> Why should we list rpmforge packages in the Release Notes? exclude
>> subversion from base if you want to use the one from rpmforge because it
>> is newer - and remove gstreamer-plugins-bad, because it shares some
>> files with gstreamer-plugins-good from from the base repository.
>
> That  was my only issue with on my laptop upgrade. All I did was...
>
> # yum remove gstreamer-plugins-bad
>
> ...and then re-ran the upgrade.

I'm going to blame my failing eyesight for this one.  I removed both
the bad and the ugly, and everything worked fine.

Now I need to remember to put them back....

GREAT JOB AND THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK!

I can't tell you how pleased I am with all of CentOS, bug and my own
stupidity notwithstanding.  Now I'm ready to update my laptop.

mhr