[CentOS] Update Issue

Sat Apr 4 12:07:24 UTC 2009
Frank Thommen <frank.thommen at embl-heidelberg.de>

John Hinton wrote:
> I seem to be able to get all of the 5.x update except for the kernel.
> Each attempt results in this...
>
> (1/1): kernel-2.6.18-128. 100% |=========================|  15 MB
> 00:16
> http://centos.mirror.nac.net/5.3/updates/i386/RPMS/kernel-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.i686.rpm:
> [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
> Trying other mirror.
> http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/centos/5.3/updates/i386/RPMS/kernel-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.i686.rpm:
> [Errno 9] Requested Range Not Satisfiable
> [...]

The last time I saw these errors it was with Fedora Core 6 updates.  I
usually got rid of them by either trying later and/or trying lots and
lots of times and/or by removing all installed PGP keys and re-importing
them.  As I usually tried a combination of the above methods I can't
really say which one is the best option.

My hypothesis - for the problems *we* had - is, that it was a firewall
issue on our side.

Cheers

      frank