[CentOS] Sendmail-SMTP, Cyrus-IMAPD and plus (+) addressing.

Mon Apr 6 18:50:45 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> James B. Byrne wrote on Mon, 6 Apr 2009 12:17:07 -0400 (EDT):
>
>> If anyone has gotten this to work then I would very much appreciate
>> knowing the exact steps that you followed to implement it.
>>
>> 1. I am not changing smtp MTAs, the legions of fans of qmail and
>> postfix notwithstanding.
>>
>> 2. Ditto for imap and dovecot.
>
> This is not a matter for the MTA. You have to configure that in the MDA.
> e.g. if procmail is the MDA then in a procmail recipe.

Sendmail handles it to the extent of looking for a .forward+additional
in your home directory (if it has read permission)and can do the things
you would do in a .forward file (redirect to other addresses or a file)
but for cyrus folders the delivery program has to do it.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com