[CentOS] CentOS 5.3 samba: getent does not return data from the active directory (ads)

Tue Apr 7 21:47:14 UTC 2009
Jason Ellison <infotek at gmail.com>

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:17 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 15:33 -0500, Jason Ellison wrote:
>
> By the way looking again:
>
>> ("getent passwd" command issued)
>
> Should be "getent passwd | grep user_name"

JohnS,

  Why are you suggesting I filter the output of getent?  What does
this have to do with getent retrieving information from the active
directory?  Please help me understand you logic here...  also I would
like to know the following:

1) are you using samba
2) is your server a memeber of the active directory?
3) are you using winbind via nsswitch so local utilities can enumerate
users and groups from the active directory?

-Jason Ellison

>> accepted socket 17
>> [17172]: request interface version
>> [17172]: request location of privileged pipe
>> accepted socket 18
>> [17172]: setpwent
>> [17172]: endpwent
>>
>  So as "getent group | grep "group_name"