[CentOS] FreeIPA

Wed Apr 8 03:42:43 UTC 2009
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 08:24 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> doing some googling, this seems to be about the most current/relevant
> thing I have found wrt to running freeipa server on CentOS
>
> http://howtoforge.com/how-to-build-rhel-ipa-rpms-for-centos-5
>
> which I'm not totally adverse to doing but I have to ask, is there
> something packaged? (I've looked in 'testing' and in 'extras' and in
> epel)
>
> Has anyone followed some other instructions?
----
hmmm...no one using freeipa I think.

I was able to get it to compile using the above but that was version
1.0.0 and they're up to 1.2.1 on their web site. Fedora 10 has 1.2.0 src
rpm but it has a requirement of popt-devel which I couldn't find for
CentOS-5. I could build the Fedora 10 version of the popt/popt-devel
rpms but I couldn't install popt-devel without popt and that caused all
sorts of issues with rpm/rpm-devel/rpm-build, to the point where I
chickened out. When I commented out the requirement for popt-devel in
the spec file, of course it wouldn't build anyway (ldapi-plugin-winsync
didn't seem to me to be related to popt-devel but who knows).  ;-(

It would seem that if Red Hat were serious about freeipa, they would
make it so that it actually could build a non-ancient version on RHEL
(CentOS).

Craig

believed to be clean.