[CentOS] FreeIPA

Wed Apr 8 09:24:47 UTC 2009

Craig White wrote:
> doing some googling, this seems to be about the most current/relevant
> thing I have found wrt to running freeipa server on CentOS
>
> http://howtoforge.com/how-to-build-rhel-ipa-rpms-for-centos-5

That mostly looks to be a waste of time to me, specially given that Red
Hat have made it public that FreeIPA might not really ever be a RHEL
product line, and if it does make it, the packaging format etc will be
very different from whats out there at the moment.

And to the idiot who wrote that article on howtoforge : ( how do they
find such brain dead morons ? ) directly url'ing the testing repo is
really not recommended.

- KB