[CentOS] FreeIPA

Wed Apr 8 12:39:43 UTC 2009
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 10:31 +0200, Rainer Duffner wrote:
> Craig White schrieb:
> >
> > ----
> > Sure but that's not typically the realm I play in. My typical client is
> > < 50 users and having a server just for authentication is harder to
> > justfiy.
> >

> In that case, shelling out the 7-something grand for RHE-IPA is probably
> also not an option, I assume.
----
Reminds me of the old joke whose punchline goes something like, we've
already determined what you are and now we're just haggling over the
price.
----
> > I myself have an older server which doesn't support hardware
> > virtualization. Perhaps you're right, I set up something in
> > virtualization and use Fedora but the churn rate of Fedora is just too
> > much, especially for an authentication server.
> >

> But maybe this is of help:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-build-rhel-ipa-rpms-for-centos-5
----
I listed that URL in my first post on this thread. I used that as a
semi-guide but got build requisites from EPEL & Fedora-10-SRPMS instead
just to have a shot at building 1.2.0 instead of the 1.0.0 version
discussed on that page.

Thanks

Craig

believed to be clean.