[CentOS] installing updates in post kickstart

Fri Apr 10 18:46:00 UTC 2009
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I can do a yum update in my post kickstart (which is what I am doing now
> actually).
>
> However, I want to save network time at installations.
> If I copy down the files from centos/5.3/updates/x86_64/RPMS
> and place them in a directory local on my network,
> can I just "rpm -U /mnt/directory/updates/x86_64/RPMS*"
> in my post section?

If there are kernel updates, that would be bad. Since CentOS5 can have
additional repositories specified in kickstarts, why not add a local
update repository to the kickstart. Then there's no need for %post
updates.

George Orwell