[CentOS] [SOLVED] Re: Desktop update (32 bit) from 5.2 to 5.3 - fuse & ntfs-3g-mount

Sat Apr 11 16:42:38 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Lanny Marcus wrote:

> Akemi: I believe it is also very possible that after I did "modprobe
> fuse" as root last night, that I did not reboot. I believe the reboot
> is required, to get that running? This is critical, because I have
> files for our web sites on the NTFS partition that I cannot write to a
> CD-RW while using Windows.  :-)   The Windows SW gets into a loop and
> the estimated time just keeps increasing and increasing. I can write
> those files with K3b, without any problems.    :-) I am getting more
> SELinux alerts now, after the upgrade to 5.3.    Lanny

You may not need them now, but other approaches that might work would be
having a fat partition that both windows and linux could access, or
running one or the other under VMware or Virtualbox so you don't have to
reboot between OS versions and can use either samba or the VM folder
sharing to access files on the other side.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com