[CentOS] [SOLVED] Re: Desktop update (32 bit) from 5.2 to 5.3 - fuse & ntfs-3g-mount

Sat Apr 11 19:06:56 UTC 2009
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

> On 4/11/09, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Good to hear things are working again.  When you boot to a new kernel,
>> dkms kicks in and rebuilds kernel modules automatically.   You
>> probably saw some delay during the first boot to the updated kernel
>> while dkms was doing its job.
>
> Akemi: I believe it is also very possible that after I did "modprobe
> fuse" as root last night, that I did not reboot. I believe the reboot
> is required, to get that running?

You can run the dkms command manually. But this is usually not
necessary because ... you cannot update the running kernel without
rebooting the machine.  And dkms is run as part of the booting
process.  Therefore, everything is automatic (supposedly), hence no
need for a manual run of dkms.

Akemi