[CentOS] Cannot play rmvb video files after burning to DVD

Mon Apr 13 02:12:51 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM, hce <webmail.hce at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running CentOS 5.2. I tried to burn rmvb video files to DVD+R
> disk using Nautilus 2.16.2, the files were burned to the disk, but
> could not play it back with errors "Unkown file format". It was no
> problem to play the same file located on the disk. Any advice please?

I use K3b and I always specify that a verification be done.  If you
can play the same file on your hard drive, but not one you copied from
there and burned to a DVD, I suspect the burn is bad.

OT: You should upgrade to CentOS 5.3 so you will have the latest
packages for security and stability.