[CentOS] python-dbus

Mon Apr 13 17:29:55 UTC 2009
Bob Taylor <bob8221 at gmail.com>

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 17:55 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> During startup there is a message about a missing python-dbus.  Querying rpm
> and yum tells me that nothing provides python-dbus and no such package
> exists.  What do I need?

Hi Ann!

ann:/etc# yum search dbus-python
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * epel: linux.nssl.noaa.gov
 * rpmforge: apt.sw.be
 * base: mirror.anl.gov
 * updates: mirror.newnanutilities.org
 * extras: mirror.atlanticmetro.net
 * centosplus: mirror.its.uidaho.edu
 * addons: holmes.umflint.edu
epel                                                     | 2.1 kB
00:00
rpmforge                                                 | 1.1 kB
00:00
adobe-linux-i386                                         |  951 B
00:00
base                                                     | 1.1 kB
00:00
updates                                                  |  951 B
00:00
extras                                                   | 1.1 kB
00:00
centosplus                                               |  951 B
00:00
addons                                                   |  951 B
00:00
============================= Matched: dbus-python
dbus-python.i386 : D-Bus Python Bindings
ann:/etc# rpm -q dbus-python
dbus-python-0.70-7.el5

Name switch! Confused me also!
--