[CentOS] Problem again with shockwave, or flash player (I think)...

Tue Apr 14 13:29:00 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Linda Stark <nadsab1 at live.com> wrote:
> OK I thought I had this problem solved last week.  Last week with help from
> this list, we installed the flash player on my Centos 5 desktop machine.
>
> But now when I go to cnbc, I am getting that same problem when trying to
> view vids on their site.

I just went to cnbc.com and I clicked on the video at this URL:
<http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1092331767&play=1>
I can view it, without any problems. I am using CentOS 5.3 (32 bit),
fully updated.
<snip>

> On youtube however, or other sites, I can view vids, and I thought that the
> flash player was installed OK last week but some sites I still can't view
> videos.
>
> Any ideas what I can do?

Yes. Follow the instructions on this page. I suspect there is
something you need that is not installed. Possibly the good or the bad
or the ugly packages.

<http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS>