[CentOS] Clamd and Amavis

Tue Apr 14 16:55:35 UTC 2009
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Tuesday 14 April 2009 17:09:37 Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:14:19 +0100:
> > Wrong again.  Both are true.
>
> First you say, you changed it, then you didn't change it. As I said, both
> cannot be true.

For heavens' sake!  You can read! Your conclusions are insulting.  I'll spell
it out.

I did not change the default - amavis did not work, and I got error messages.
I read the documentation which told me to make changes and suggested what the
change should be.  I then did exactly what it said, but that also did not
work.  Correctly, I believe, it was said that this was a permissions problem.
Finally Ned Slider kindly pointed me in the right direction.

> > If the default had worked I would not have
> > needed to try alternatives.
>
> clamd in default settings works out-of-the-box. Just not for you. As it
> already did not for you last time. Think about that.

I freely admitted that I had misunderstood an instruction on the last
occasion.  Like everyone else (except you, perhaps?) I'm not infallible.  I
learn as I go on, and thank the people who teach me.  I fail to see how you
have helped anyone learn anything by your attitude in this thread.

Anne