[CentOS] re-install package

Tue Apr 14 17:49:29 UTC 2009
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

> >/ I tried to install alsa 1.0.19 on centos 5.3 64 - did not work - compile
> />/ errors.
> /
> Installing via rpm is separate from compiling. Which are you doing?
> Are you having trouble building rpms, or installing them?
>

> >/ I need to re-install alsa-lib and alsa-util .
> />/ I dont want to do rpm -e first on those packages as dependcy is crazy.
> />/ I know they were installed (rpm -qa | grep alsa tells me so) I just want
> />/ to re-install ?
> />/ How do I do that?
> /
> Depends.

nothing sinister here.... was not getting HDMI sound on my motherboard,
did some searching
seemed like I needed to update to alsa 1.0.19 so I tried it. compiling
from source. Ran into compile errors so
I wanted to backout to the default alsa. the default alsa worked but
just not over HDMI .

So I wish to re-install the default alsa 1.0.17 rpm's. Either through
yum or rpm. preferably through yum. as its easier.

Thanks,

Jerry