[CentOS] Dual-boot with WinXP, CentOS already installed

Thu Apr 16 16:31:25 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Victor Padro wrote on Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:45:04 -0500:

> install windows xp then install easyBCD and make the dual boot work without
> changing any file on any OS.

Of course you change files. But it works as well, yes, just checked it out. I
wasn't aware of this, although I have EasyBCD already installed on my Windows
7 netbook. However, if you do it this way you have to rely on the BCD boot
loader and the Vista partition.
I would recommend it if you use the Linux OS only irregularly. If it is your
main system using only the Linux-native boot loader surely is recommended.

I'm not sure, but I think you will also need to have grub installed to the
Linux partition. So, if you installed it on the MBR it may fail to boot.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany