[CentOS] CentOS 4 dkms-ndiswrapper

Fri Apr 17 11:58:51 UTC 2009
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>

Agile Aspect wrote:
> Hi - I'm trying to get wireless running on CentOS 4.7 on a dual core laptop
> (latitude-e4500) for an employee.
>
> I'm having trouble with building dkms-ndiswraper-1.54-1.el4.rf -
> enclosed are the
> errors messages.
>
> The kernel was rebuilt to disable CONFIG_4KSTACKS.
>
> The errors prior to rebuilding the kernel are identical to the errors after
> rebuilding the kernel and rebooting - minus the error regarding the
> CONFIG_4KSTACKS.
>
> Basically I just typed
>
>       make
>
> in the directory.
>
> I'm using dkms this time - I've never used it before. I'm under the impression
> that all I had to do was type 'make' in the directory in the ndiswrapper
> directory.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know about your errors, but dkms isn't supposed to be used that
way (make).
Instead you use dkms add, dkms build, and dkms install commands.
The rpm should do these for you, but you can always use the commands
yourself to see what's going on.
dkms status is also useful.
man dkms will tell you all.

Not to say that this will solve your build problems, but...

Also, try the rpmforge list as this is an rpmforge rpm.