[CentOS] looking for alternative to SME & Clark Connect

Fri Apr 17 13:37:46 UTC 2009
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:30 PM,  <centos at 911networks.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:18:40 +0200
> Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanx guys, I see what I'm looking for doesn't really exist. SME
>> does what I need, but still runs on CentOS 4.7, and it doesn't offer
>> groupware email out of the box.
>
> What you are looking for doesn't exist in the a fully packaged form.
> But if you go to: http://howtoforge.com You will have the
> instructions for doing it yourself. Search for Zimbra for the
> groupware, samba...
>
> The bandwidth monitoring shouldn't be done on the server but on the
> router, always at the edge of the network.
>
> --

SME Server 7.4 (http://www.contribs.org) does 90% of what I want,
except for the bandwidth monitoring (per IP basis, aka. bandwidth
accounting - which PFsense can do), and it acts as a router as well.
ClarckConnect can also do this, but it's a commercial product for more
than 10 mailboxes.

Surely, someone, somewhere would know of something similar?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers