[CentOS] OT: Possible for Malware against Windows boxes to attack Firefox on Linux?

Sat Apr 18 00:00:45 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Robert Nichols
<rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net> wrote:
<snip>
> My problem with NoScript is that there is virtually no site that I visit
> that does not require scripting to function properly.  The net result is
> an almost knee-jerk reaction to click on "Allow all this page", which of
> course negates the protection.

Based on my very limited use of NoScript this afternoon, I suspect
there are very few, if any sites, where NoScript does not flag some
things. FoxNews, Gmail, LinkShare and the site of my favorite singer
are all run by reputable people. Their sites probably can get
something bad. Imagine sites which are not run by reputable people.
Navigating with NoScript will be a little slower, but I will try to
avoid clicking on "Allow all this page", unless there is some bad
effect such as you described on e commerce sites that could result in
you getting double billed or  your transaction not completing
properly.
<snip>