[CentOS] [centos] libata-core kernel errors

Sat Apr 18 19:26:19 UTC 2009
Gordon McLellan <gordonthree at gmail.com>

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you temporarily go back to an earlier version of the kernel to see
> if this is related to the 5.3 kernel?

I rebooted to the previous kernel which was 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5xen and
could not re-create the error.  I then rebooted back to the current
18-128 kernel and could not re-create the error... sdg is back to
70mb/sec just like it should be.  I'll have to chalk this one up to
"weird" and keep an eye on the logs.  Whatever that error was
complaining about, it didn't seem to cause any data corruption -
checks of all the filesystems on that raid array found no errors.

I'm not sure what's tainting the kernel, normally when a tained module
is loaded, there's a message about it in the log - I grepped for
"aint" and didn't find the kernel complaining about any non-gpl
modules.

-Gordon