[CentOS] Yum update corrupted something badly - can only get access through SSH terminal or Webmin

Wed Apr 22 18:46:45 UTC 2009
Dan Roberts <dan at jlazyh.com>

Thanks -

I will start reading again and striving to improve things.  I have
previously taken steps to secure the server, and was under the
impression that it was so.

that aside - I can't run the command you suggest because any yum
operation results in the same error message.

# yum clean all && yum update glibc\* && yum update
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 28, in ?
     import yummain
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 29, in ?
     import cli
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 30, in ?
     import output
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/output.py", line 26, in ?
     from i18n import _
ImportError: No module named i18n