[CentOS] Yum update corrupted something badly - can only get access through SSH terminal or Webmin

Thu Apr 23 22:34:16 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Dan Roberts <dan at jlazyh.com> wrote:
> I will start reading again and striving to improve things.  I have
> previously taken steps to secure the server, and was under the
> impression that it was so.

Dan: After you get the server running properly again, you might go to
this URL: <http://www.nsa.gov>
and search for "Guide to the Secure Configuration of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5 Revision 2 December 20, 2007"

it's a .pdf file  you can download. They also have a 2 page pamphlet,
which gives you an overview of how to harden your CentOS 5 server.
HTH,  Lanny