[CentOS] Problems eith yum (wrong releasever)

Sat Apr 25 18:08:56 UTC 2009
Sam Piippo <sampiippo at gmail.com>

Thanks for the comments. I had /var directory that contained files from an
old Fedora 7 installation and I think that yum did read the $release
variable, as well as package information, from some file in /var. I fixed
the problem the easy way and reinstalled the whole system (with having a
clean /var directory). Now everything works perfectly.
I should had figured this out before posting to the mailing-list, sorry.

Sami