[CentOS] 5.3 on an EeePC??

Tue Apr 28 11:45:52 UTC 2009

Beartooth wrote:
> 	I have an ASUS EeePC 701 (with 2GB of RAM and an 8 GB card), on
> which I've installed CentOS on the hard-drive-plus-card. But it can't
> even use my eth0.
>
>    Some one on a local LUG, where I had mentioned that other OSs did fine
> with all the same exact hardware, suggested that CentOS, being designed
> for stability rather than the bleeding edge, likely lacks drivers; so I
> need to get some.
>
>    Anybody know what drivers (for wireless as well as ethernet cable) I
> need, and how/where to get ones to fit CentOS??

I have the EXACT same hardware, but am running FC10 on mine. Works just
great. And I have both suspend and hibernate working. Ethernet and WiFi
work with NetworkManager with no problems, so far.

As nice it is to stay with Centos across the board, I am moving more
into using FC for notebooks. However, I am still reluctant to make the
move on a notebook that is my 'workhorse'; I need more stablity for
something I count on for my job. FC is for tools.