[CentOS] Dell mirror raid boot problems

Wed Apr 29 07:28:56 UTC 2009
Rainer Traut <tr.ml at gmx.de>

Am 28.04.2009 03:37, schrieb David M Lemcoe Jr.:
> If you are using PERC, it is simply not compatible with Linux, and
> should never be. It is a terrible piece of hardware. I would recommend
> using dmraid.

Hmm, this used to be an issue in the PERC3 days when PERC3DC was a
LSI/AMI controller and PERC3Di was an Adaptec controller.

And the Adaptec stuff was known to eat your files but finally fixed by dell.
But these times are long ago so please stop spreading FUD.

And btw contrary to your statement I have seen dmraid with C5/RHEL5 eat
files - on otherwise rock stable server hardware.

Rainer