[CentOS] 5.3 on an EeePC??

Wed Apr 29 16:01:11 UTC 2009
Beartooth <Beartooth at comcast.net>

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 04:57:26 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> David M Lemcoe Jr. wrote:
	[....]
> The key - Don't use Open Office, use AbiWord and Gnumeric instead.
> OpenOffice is total bloat.

	Is that still true if you install only OO-writer and its
dependencies?

	Actually, I'll probably take neither. If I want a word processor
(and I almost never do), I'll come home and use one on a desktop.

> Install NoScript - FireFox quit crashing on the laptop as soon as I
> installed NoScript. Turns out a lot of advertisers run cpu/ram heavy
> flash and js that really bog limited hardware down.

	I try never to install Ffx anywhere without NoScript, Adblock,
and several more.

> Don't use Evolution - I'm using thunderbird which works well for imap
> w/o too many messages in a folder.

	Wouldn't be caught dead with either. Alpine and Pan, or repair
the machine -- with a sledgehammer -- if it's mine. YMMV <grin>