[CentOS] Rsync/SSH automation problem?

Wed Apr 29 19:51:21 UTC 2009
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 08:13, Tony Mountifield
<tony at softins.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <VA.000037fd.00e3371d at news.conactive.com>,
> Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
>>
>> ">" is a quote marker, don't write your own text after a quote marker!
>
> He probably didn't do it himself. Some mail transports prepend a '>'
> to any line that begins with "From ", because otherwise such a line
> could be interpreted as a message delimiter in a standard Unix mailbox.

But escaping "From " to ">From " should be done only by the program
that writes to an mbox formatted file.

See: http://qmail.org/qmail-manual-html/man5/mbox.html

Looks like another thing that his MUA (header says X-Mailer: Microsoft
Office Outlook 11) is doing wrong.

[Unless it is an artifact of the mailing list software, in which case
I would apologize to the makers of said MUA. But if I had to bet, I
would say it's the MUA's fault.]

Filipe