[CentOS] eth0 killed when adding virtual interface and multiple NICs are present

Thu Apr 30 11:31:21 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

JohnS wrote on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 02:17:13 -0400:

> Kai, I read the Xen list and the way your doing it (the last option)
> looks like something I may try for testing in VMs.

It works fine, I'm converting all my setups to that now.

> Indeed also I when I installed Xen I had to manually take out peth0 when
> I uninstalled it.

How did you manually take it down? The problem seems to be that peth0 is
the physical interface now. But I'm not able to take it down as a bridge
nor as a physical interface. And not without breaking the network
connection, anyway.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany