[CentOS] Having trouble installing flash player on centos 5.3 desktop machine

Sat Apr 4 17:28:05 UTC 2009
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

Linda Stark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble getting the flash player installed onto my centos
> desktop.
>
> When i go to the adobe site, I click on the YUM for Linux version, then
> install it, and PC says "/tmp/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch-1.rpm is
> already installed" - but it's not working.

I had a hell of a time getting it work on my x86_64 desktop when FireFox
3 was released.

Then I found out about an experimental x86_64 plugin -

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

No pretty installer, just a plugin. Put it in
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ (and get rid of any others) and restart firefox.

Are you by chance on x86_64?