[CentOS] Split dns issues

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:10:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 15:16, Jason Pyeron<jpyeron at pdinc.us> wrote:
> Now we want to just override the MX records for pdinc.us without having to merge
> or manage all the records for every entry/subdoamin in the zone file for
> pdinc.us.

Why don't you just set the MX records of pdinc.us to something inside
mail.pdinc.us? Then both your outside and inside will see the same
name, but you can resolve them to different IPs inside mail.pdinc.us
depending on being on the inside or outside network. If you want
something other than MX records, you can use CNAMEs to something in a
subdomain for which you will use "views", and then on the subdomain
resolve to different IPs depending on the query being internal or
external... Would that work for you?

HTH,
Filipe