[CentOS] differences in DNS between boxes

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED

m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 16:56:22 UTC 2009

Please refer to my thread "excessive DNS slows httpd" in which
I discuss a very slow response from my httpd server on my
CentOS box after modifying httpd.config .

I have "solved" the problem by blocking all DNS in iptables
on my CentOS box.  As it happens, this is not a problem in
my present configuration, but it can hardly be considered
a good solution. Given that the httpd configurations are
essentially identical, it appears that there is a difference
between my Feodora box and my CentOS box regarding how and
when DNS is handled, at least when originated by httpd.

Suggestions would be most welcome.

Mike.